We are a small Seattle-area women’s cycling team with about 25 members. Our members race in road, mountain, cyclocross, gravel, and track disciplines. Founded in 2011, our mission is to promote women’s bike racing, support the development of female cyclists competing at local, regional, and national competitions, and give back to our community. We are:
- Motivated to race bikes. Our members participate in local, regional, and national competitive cycling events in road, cyclocross, mountain, and track disciplines.
- Passionate about growing the sport of bike racing for women. Our advanced riders mentor our new racers and we actively organize and/or participate in women-focused team rides, races, clinics, and events.
- Supportive of Pacific Northwest bike riding and racing opportunities. Our team members join trail work parties to help build and maintain our local mountain bike trail system and provide volunteer support for local bike races and events such as the popular and exciting Ballard Criterium.
- Committed to giving back to our community. Spokeswomen Racing is proud to partner with the Jubilee Women’s Center, a non-profit transitional house for homeless and low-income women. Team members prepare meals at the Capitol Hill facility and assist with the Jubilee Center’s annual fundraising auction and other outreach events.
- A 501c3 registered non-profit organization. We rely on donor support to help us realize our mission.
Support. Encourage. Balance. Supporting our teammates, friends, and community to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment. Encouraging each other to always pursue our goals. Understanding that everything is about maintaining balance between the lives that we live and the sport that we love.
Team Member Benefits
- Join like-minded strong and motivated women with which to race, ride, train, carpool, cheer, and socialize
- Enjoy bike & retail discounts, race entry fee reimbursements, free products, race-day mechanical support, and other perks courtesy of our sponsors
- Make a difference in our community through our organized community service & outreach activities
- Represent our team by wearing our awesome team kit!
Team Member Annual Requirements
Each team member is expected to complete the following activities every calendar year:
- Pay annual team dues
- Compete in five races in team kit
- Support the team-sponsored cycling event, join a trail work party, or volunteer for a social justice cause
- Support one Jubilee community dinner or event
- Attend one Meet-the-Team outreach ride or lead one team ride
We typically host our Meet-the-Team (MTT) rides in the fall (Aug – October); however, we welcome membership inquiries year-round and invite interested parties to talk to our members at local races or join us on a team ride any time of the year.
Our 2022 Meet-the-Team Dirt/MTB ride is scheduled for Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at Paradise Valley at 9am. For more details and to RSVP, please visit our Facebook event page.
Our 2022 Meet-the-Team Road ride is TBD (September or October). Please check back here or our team Facebook page for event details.