We are a small Seattle-area women’s cycling team with about 25 members. Our members race in road, mountain, cyclocross, gravel, and track disciplines. Founded in 2011, our mission is to promote the ongoing growth of women’s cycling while giving back to the community. We are:
- Motivated to race bikes. Our members participate in local, regional, and national competitive cycling events in road, cyclocross, mountain, and track disciplines.
- Passionate about growing the sport of bike racing for women. Our advanced riders mentor our new racers and we actively organize and/or participate in women-focused team rides, races, clinics, and events.
- Supportive of Pacific Northwest bike racing opportunities. We partner with Apex Racing (a local men’s cycling team) to provide volunteer support for the popular and exciting Ballard Criterium.
- Committed to giving back to our community. Spokeswomen Racing partners with the Jubilee Women’s Center, a non-profit transitional house for homeless and low-income women. Team members prepare meals at the Capitol Hill facility and assist with the Jubilee Center’s annual fundraising auction and other outreach events.
Support. Encourage. Balance. Supporting our teammates, friends, and community to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment. Encouraging each other to always pursue our goals. Understanding that everything is about maintaining balance between the lives that we live and the sport that we love.
Team Member Benefits
- Join like-minded strong and motivated women with which to race, ride, train, carpool, cheer, and socialize
- Enjoy bike & retail discounts, race entry fee reimbursements, free products, race-day mechanical support, and other perks courtesy of our sponsors
- Make a difference in our community through our organized community service & outreach activities
- Represent our team by wearing our awesome team kit!
Team Member Requirements
- Pay annual team dues ($55 for 2019)
- Purchase one team kit (any combo of top & bottom)
- Compete in five races in team kit
- Support the team-sponsored cycling event or join a trail work party
- Support one Jubilee community dinner or event
- Attend one Meet-the-Team outreach ride
We typically host our Meet-the-Team (MTT) rides in the fall (Aug – October). For the most up-to-date information, please visit wsbaracing.org for a listing of current MTT road and dirt rides.
Questions? Contact us.