We are a small Seattle-area women’s cycling team founded in 2012. Currently, we have about 20 members. Our focus is competitive racing in road, cyclocross, mountain, and track disciplines, but our members also love long gravel rides (gran fondos), road tours, and triathlons. We are:
- Passionate about growing the sport of cycling for women. Our advanced riders mentor our new racers and we actively organize and/or participate in women-focused team rides, races, clinics, and events. We are a community of women who support each other.
- Committed to women outside of cycling. Spokeswomen Racing partners with Jubilee Women’s Center, a non-profit transitional house for homeless and low-income women. Riders volunteer at Jubilee by preparing meals at the Capitol Hill facility and assisting with the Jubilee Center’s annual fundraising auction and outreach events.
- Committed to supporting our racing community. Our members provide crucial race-day volunteer support to the annual Ballard Criterium held in Seattle.
We are actively recruiting for both new and experienced female riders. Join us on a ride anytime to meet our team.
Team Member Benefits
- Join a community of like-minded motivated women with which to ride, train, race, carpool, cheer, and socialize
- Enjoy bike & retail discounts, race entry fee reimbursements, free products, and other perks courtesy of our sponsors
- Make a difference in our community through our organized community service & outreach activities
- Represent our team by wearing our awesome team kit!
Team Member Annual Requirements
- Pay membership fee & purchase one team kit (top & bottom) per year
- Compete in five races in team kit
- Support the team-sponsored cycling event
- Help prepare one Jubilee community dinner
- Attend at least one Meet-the-Team ride
*Can’t fulfill a particular requirement? That’s okay — substitutions are allowed.
Interested in joining our team? Contact us.